Intensive Care Unit
The intensive care unit (ICU) at Fannin Regional Hospital provides continuous monitoring and treatment of critically ill patients. Because patients in the ICU require specialized care, visitors should understand that their visit might be interrupted or cut short based on the needs of the patient and doctors.
We ask that each patient designate a family representative to communicate with the staff. This person will be the primary contact for physicians and nurses and will deliver information to family members and friends. If the patient has a written advance directive, his/her designated power of attorney should take the role of the family representative.
For security reasons, we ask that all personal belongings be taken home once a patient is admitted to the ICU and that you respect that medication may only be administered by the nurse with a physician’s order. Live flowers are not allowed in the ICU patient rooms but visitors are welcome to bring cards and balloons. Visiting hours are restricted to ensure that every patient is able to rest and recover.
ICU visitation rules:
- Immediate family members only, and a max of 2 people at a time.
- Visitors must be 12 or older. In cases of terminal illnesses, younger visitors will be considered.
- We ask that people who are sick stay at home. If you may be contagious, please inform the ICU nurse.
- There are no telephones in patient rooms but they may be available upon request.
- Guests should use the phone outside the ICU door to notify the nurses of your arrival:
- ICU Reception– 706-632-4284
- ICU Nurses Station– 706-632-4267
- ICU Director– 706-632-4207
8:00 am – 8:15 am
10:00 am – 10:15 am
12:00 pm – 12:15 pm
2:00 pm – 2:15 pm
4:00 pm – 4:15 pm
6:00 pm – 6:15 pm
8:00 pm – 8:15 pm